Oh so happy you landed here!
Did you find your question answered here? Use the “Contact Us” link at the top of the page to send us an email and we will respond!
Is your pricing in Canadian dollars?
Yes, all of our pricing is displayed and charged in Canadian dollars. U.S. orders are converted using the daily published conversion rate at time of order. beTeas.com currently only services customers and order destinations in the Canada and the U.S.
What payment methods do you accept?
beTeas.com utilizes secure payment via PayPal. We accept all major credit cards or you can pay using your PayPal cash account.
If ordering from the U.S., your order will be processed in Canadian dollars with the daily exchange rate by your credit card company’s payment processor.
I’m nervous to enter my credit card information online – how do I know your site is secure?
We’re just as concerned about site security as you are. Payments are processed using PayPal secure payment service which is fully PCI compliant and SSL secure. In addition, beTeas.com is additionally regularly scanned and protected from malware.
Security for credit card fulfillment:
- beTeas.com does not keep or store any credit card information – payment information must be entered each time you order, and is only used for single order processing, which means beTeas.com cannot be hacked for credit card information.
Security for PayPal account fulfillment:
- If you have a PayPal secure personal account, you can pay online using your PayPal cash account. This is a great option for customers who do not wish to use credit cards.
These precautions give you confidence and peace of mind, knowing your personal information is kept secure and private. That makes it easier to Love your cup. 🙂
Do you offer a threshold for free shipping?
Yes! Free shipping is offered on any order that totals $75 CAD or more, before applicable taxes.
However, if you are in the London Ontario area, there are a number of local businesses that are partners of beTeas who act as pick-up depot locations for beTeas online orders. If your order is less than $75 CAD before tax, and you want to avoid/reduce shipping charges, you can opt to pick-up your order at one of these depot locations.
- Depots inside the City of London are free for pick-up.
- Depots in surrounding communities are low fee at just $2.50 per pick-up to provide this service.
Local pick-up options are selectable along with all shipping options during the check-out process. beTeas ships to each depot once per week so depending upon the timing of your order, you may wait a few extra days for your order to be ready for pick-up (versus delivery to your door which may be faster).
Are all items shown online guaranteed to be available when I order?
While our site does not currently support real-time inventory, we will do everything we can to maintain our inventory frequently so that any items shown on our site are available. When an item runs out-of-stock, we will typically will remove it. From time to time, it is possible that during busy ordering periods that a popular item may deplete from inventory before we can update our site to indicate it as out-of-stock. Should you place an order for which one or more items are unavailable, here is how we will handle it:
- We will remove and refund the unavailable items from your order. The refund will be applied to the same credit card used to purchase.
- We will also contact you at the email address noted on your customer profile to let you know, and a call back number where you can reach us before we ship, so that you have opportunity to select an alternate item to be added to your order. If we do not hear back from you before the time specified in our email, we will process the rest of your order and get it to you without delay.
- In the event where the purchase involves free shipping for total purchases of $75 CAD or more before tax, alternate item selections maybe required to maintain free shipping qualification on that purchase. If we are unable to provide an alternate product to maintain the minimum $75 amount, additional shipping charges may apply to the order.
How are orders shipped?
beTeas.com is based in London, Ontario, Canada, and will process and ship orders from Monday – Friday with the exception of holidays and during our year end closure period for inventory (see calendar of events for year end closure).
A number of shipping options will be presented to you at checkout.
- Generally across Canada and the U.S. we use the least expensive shipping option available from Canada Post, which is regular delivery. Canada Post rates vary depending upon the weight of the order and the destination.
- For delivery to your door inside the City of London Ontario local to us, we are happy to offer $5 flat rate shipping. These orders are shipped via All Canadian Courier.
- For communities surrounding London Ontario, we may be able to provide an All Canadian Courier shipping rate that is less than Canada Post. This option will be presented during checkout if it applies.
- If a local depot pick-up location is selected, beTeas will deliver orders to the designated depot locations on their designated scheduled weekly delivery day between Monday-Saturday.
All orders received are typically processed and shipped the following business day (Note: Depot pick-ups are shipped weekly and pick-up availability will vary depending upon the timing of your order relative to that schedule).
Should you require expedited shipping for a particular order, please contact us via the “Contact Us” link, and we will be happy to do what we can to accommodate. beTeas.com currently only supports shipping destinations in Canada and the U.S. For security reasons, we cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
Do you offer a Returns Policy?
beTeas.com carries only exceptional quality product, and it is our sincere hope that you will be delighted with your order. Since loose-leaf teas and tisanes are considered a Natural Dry Food, we cannot accept returns. Likewise, we cannot accept returns on any ‘Treats’ food items, such as chocolate or shortbread. However, if you are unhappy with a Steepware or tea accessory purchase you may return it within 30 days with it’s original packaging in return for a store credit which you can apply to another, future purchase. Shipping and related charges are non-refundable. To return a tea accessory or steepware item, simply indicate the reason for the return on your invoice and include it with your return and wrap the package securely. For your protection, we recommend that you use insured parcel post.
What happens if a price listed on the website is incorrect?
In the unlikely event that beTeas.com should post an incorrect price on our website in error, we will take action to immediately rectify it. beTeas.com reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for a product listed at an incorrect price.
What is the best way to store my teas or tisanes? Can I keep them the packaging they came in?
The teas or tisanes you’ve purchased from beTeas.com are as fresh as possible. We take care to only source fresh product ourselves, and do not discount to sell off ‘old’ stock. Our beTeas products are delivered to you in high-barrier stand-up pouches, and when packaging, we remove as much oxygen as possible and then heat seal to maintain maximum freshness.
Teas and tisane shelf life are influenced by light, heat and air. If you consume your tea very readily and keep the product in a cool, dry, dark cupboard, our high barrier pouches will keep your teas very well for several weeks or even months. To maintain maximum freshness and for longer storage, we recommend air tight storage tins, preferably opaque, or glass containers are ok as long as they are stored in a dark place. Teas and tisanes should always be kept in a dry, cool area, away from natural light. (TIP: For additional protection, at beTeas we also line our storage tins with a food grade plastic bag for additional protection from air and also to contain essential oils and fragrances in our teas, tisanes and blends.)
Excellent quality product purchased fresh generally keeps for 1-2 years, depending upon the type, but less for very delicate, young leaf. Dark or fully oxidized teas will have a longer shelf life than less oxidized teas. Pu-erh tea is the exception, and actually improves with age, but still requires to be stored well! Tisanes and botanicals also must be stored well we recommend consuming within 6-8 months since they are generally unprocessed. Blended teas with added flavourings will dissipate in flavour and aroma over time so this should be taken into account when considering shelf-life. In order to always consume fresh, tastey product, we recommend you buy as much a you are likely to consume in 3 months or less, and then come back and shop again for more beautiful fresh tea and tisane! You may consider Tea-of-the-Month!
Where can I find information about ingredients, if I have a concern about food allergies?
Where a given tea or tisane is a blended product, the ingredients are listed on the package. For product we sell that is packaged by another company in their facility, such as Mama Goddess tisanes, or MarketSpice hot chocolates, please refer to the product label provided on the company’s packaging. Orthodox teas or tisanes (which are unblended) are noted by their name only, and there may not be ingredients listed on our package (such as Margaret’s Hope Estate Darjeeling, for example) since the only ingredient is the orthodox tea or tisane, with nothing added. beTeas cannot, however, guarantee that any product we sell has not come in contact with substances such as gluten or nuts in other facilities in the supply chain, and recommend you take any precautions you deem appropriate where special diets are concerned.