beTeas wants to share exceptional tea with you and build a relationship with our customers. At times, we will collect information so that we can stay in touch with you and update you on our products and events, or in order to personalize your experience and make shopping on our site easier for you.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include beTeas Inc. It also does not include website hosting partners and partners who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- We will make readily available to customers, information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Below describes information we collect and how we use it at beTeas.com:
- We allow subscribers to our newsletter and beTeas updates. When you sign-up for these updates, you join our contact list to be notified whenever we publish a newsletter, announce new products and promotions, or plan Tea events or experiences you can register to participate in.
- In order to shop regularly with us, we ask you to register and create a customer account. When you create your account, you are asked for the following information: gender, first name, last name, address, email address, phone number, birth date. Your name and contact information are used to process and ship your order, and so that we can contact you about your order, should an issue arise. Your name and gender are used so that we can personalize your experience and accurately and respectfully address you when we make contact. Your birthdate alllows us to create future offers/promotions to send you in honour of your birthday, to thank-you for doing business with us. We hope you enjoy being our customer, but you may delete your account at any time by making a request through “Contact Us”.
- We may collect information from you when offering a contest or promotion, or if we ask you to participate in a survey.
- We may collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill a gift purchase. Any information we collect about gift recipients is not retained for marketing purposes.
- We do not collect or store credit card information. Credit card information is entered for the sole purpose of transacting your purchase. We do not retain or store this information on our website or any other database.