by Skye, beTeas’ “Culinary Queen”
Why not try making one of these delicious and nutritious brownies and pair it with a cup of beTeas’ Mt. Kenya BOP, a wonderful farm-direct black tea? Teas of Kenya are bright and robust for nice bold and malty cup, but with less tendency to grow bitter with longer steeps as other black teas tend to do. The maltiness of the black tea provides perfect contrast to the chocolate and after a bite and a sip, the mouth textures are a perfect compliment (just don’t say “YUM!” with your mouth full). I had the pleasure of trying this pairing last night and it sent me to my happy place. I hope you will like it too. Tell us what you think.
Try doubling this recipe and freezing them for a healthy school snack – my kids gobble them up!
To learn more about our Mt. Kenya BOP, click here.
Skye’s Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
- 2 Cups Soaked for 24 hours and cooked black beans
- 3 Free Run Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Raw Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Raw Honey
- 1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Dairy Free Chocolate chips
- 1/3 Cup Finely Chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˙F
- In a food processor, combine black beans, eggs, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, and honey. Pulse until smooth.
- Grease an 8×8 glass pan. Pour in the batter. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts (if using). Press down slightly with spatula.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until middle is set. Check with a toothpick
- Cool and chill before serving. Store in the fridge or freezer for longer
Helpful tip: you may also wish to melt organic peanut butter or almond butter with chocolate chips before putting on top of brownie batter or add in unsweetened shredded coconut, banana, dried fruit, chia seeds or other nuts. You can be as creative as you like. 🙂